BCcampus webinar hosted May 23, 2023
Hosts: Helena Prins and Gwen Nguyen
Moderator: Clint Lalonde
Panelists: Jenelle Davies, Christian Schmidt, Fizza Haider, and Lucas Wright
Artificial intelligence (AI) has emerged as one of the most powerful agents of change in higher education. It presents all educators in B.C. with myriad of opportunities as well as academic, ethical, and legal challenges. BCcampus would like to offer a space for a vibrant conversation with diverse scholars from B.C. post-secondary institutions about how AI is inextricably intertwined with the future of education.
In this 90-minute panel-discussion, we will explore:
- AI and its avenues to teaching and learning
- AI as a tool with opportunities
- AI as a tool with issues of ethics, ownership, and academic integrity
- Unanswered questions, conversations, and research to be conducted
- Daring recommendations for the way forward
Note: If you notice an error in the closed captions (or transcript file), please email email@example.com with details of the error, the time stamp, and your suggested correction, if any.